Top 10 Tips To Get Healthy Hair
1) Avoid using a brush when blow drying your hair as it can pull your hair out. Instead, use your fingers and gently run them between your hair like a brush.
2) Your hair is more fragile when wet, so avoid excessive brushing as it is more prone to breakage.
3) If possible, try and trim your hair every few weeks to get rid of those rough split ends. Cut about 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch (as thick as a few sheet of papers) of your hair every 6 weeks to avoid the split ends to grow out again. Trimming your hair regularly will also rid your hair of damage so that a healthier crop grow up top.
4) Stress can make your hair dull and more prone to breakage. Believe it or not, a happy, healthy lifestyle will lead to a healthier head. Try and include Iron-rich foods (leafy vegetables, beans, cereals, etc..) and Protein-rich foods (fish, beef, yogurt, etc...) in your diet as those two are the most important things for your hair. Other nutrients such as Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Omega 3, Omega 6, Omega 9, and primrose oil are also great for your hair.
5) Try not to wash your hair with shampoo everyday as that can wash away some of the essential oils for your hair. Sometimes, washing your hair with just water to avoid the accumulation of dirt and sweat will do just fine. Remember to apply some conditioner starting from mid-length to the ends of your hair only and not directly on your scalp as it will weigh your hair down.
6) After shampooing and conditioning, remember to rinse your hair with the coldest water you can handle to help seal the cuticle. Sealing the cuticle will make it more difficult for moisture to enter your hair follicle, which can cause frizz.
7) Leave color changes to the professionals. Although do-it-yourself kits are cheap, easy, and convenient, the results are almost always not beneficial or is in your best interest. You may be severely damaging your hair and end up with a color that you'll hate due to your hair color reacting differently to the dyes.
8) Try and keep the blow dryer at least 6 inches away from your hair especially on the hottest setting. Blow drying your hair with too much heat may lead to more split end or breakage over time.
9) If your hair is really dry, try deep conditioning at home. Apply conditioner to clean, damp hair and slip on a plastic cap. Allow your hair to absorb the conditioner for about 30 minutes before rinsing.
10) Learn to love, embrace, and work with what you've got. If you learn to love and take care of your hair, then your hair will love you back. You'll start having the hair you've always wanted before you know it!
#brush #blowdry #blowdryhair #healthyhair #10tips #splitends #healthierhair #stress #dryhair #happy #healthylifestyle #food #essentialoils #shampoo #conditioner #color #professionals #convenient #best #clean #love #work